The main story behind jojoba is its form. We refer to it as an “oil” many times, but really, it is a wax, and that makes all the difference. Whereas as oils are typically made up of fatty acids and glycerol, naturally occurring waxes are mixtures of unesterified hydrocarbons that are softer and melt at lower temperatures. This property also makes jojoba wax odorless, and less likely to become rancid over time than oils.
This property of jojoba also makes it much more potent and convenient for use in skin care. It absorbs easily into the skin, and delivers hydration and moisturization. It’s easy to mix in with other ingredients because it has no scent, and because it’s so light.
Other benefits of jojoba include:
- Long-lasting moisture: Studies have documented that jojoba improves the feel of skin, and provides a substantial long-acting, 24-hour skin hydration effect.
- Nutritious: Jojoba contains nutrients like vitamin E and B, as well as minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect skin from environmental stressors.
- Gentle: Jojoba is recommended for people with sensitive skin because of its gentle nature. Applying jojoba to compromised skin can help keep it moist.
- Anti–aging: Because it is the perfect moisturizer, jojoba can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Conditioning: Jojoba is also used in many hair products because its moisturizing and conditioning properties extend to the hair, making it soft, shiny, and manageable. Those with frizzy or damaged hair love jojoba.Try It!
Jojoba oil on its own can be used for a number of skin care applications. You can use it to take off your makeup, as a moisturizer, as a lip and cuticle conditioner, as a hair conditioner, and as a body oil. Place your order online on Jumia Kenya and have it deliverd to your doorstep.