Dual-shock 4 Bluetooth PS4 Gamepad Controller
While controllers over the life of the PlayStation brand have generally been the same on the outside, Sony has made some good changes to this iteration of it's controller both inside and outside.
- The DualShock 4 displays the same general layout and buttons as other past DualShock controllers. More onto it, it now offers additional features along with new buttons.
- The most obvious change is the inclusion of a wide touch-pad where the Select and Start buttons were. Those buttons are now replaced with an Options button instead.
- Sony has mentioned that the touch-pad can respond to up to two fingers at a time, which expands the number of possibilities for inputs, like those you would see on a smartphone.
- In addition, the DualShock 4 features a 3.5-mm headphone jack that supports sound, along with both an accelerometer and a gyroscope, both reported to be better than what is currently included in the DualShock 3 and Vita.
- The two rumble motors now have varying strengths, a change from the DualShock 3, where rumbles were either active or not. This creates a heightened sense of realism in all PlayStation 4 games.
- The DualShock 4 also includes a built-in speaker, meaning that sounds from the game can play through the controller instead of your normal speakers.
- On top of the device, is a light bar that can pick up and detect movement, making the controller something like a mixture between a DualShock and a PlayStation Move.
- The light bar can display one of three different LED colors to relay information, according to Sony. For example, if a player is low on health and may die in the game, the light bar may relay this information with the appropriate color.
- This could be a nice replacement to the current method most games use, such as tinting the screen red as the player loses health.
- The light bar will also light up in correspondence to the player's controller, i.e blue, red, pink and green corresponding to player one through four, respectively.
- It can also play PC games connecting it with BLUETOOTH to your computer. see youtube link