Home Audio Systems Online in Kenya
A great home audio system has become a standard home fixture in many Kenyan homes. Every one of us wants to be able to replicate the feeling of a cinema hall, a football stadium, a clubhouse or even a church in the comfort of their homes. We want to feel as though we are immersed in that location while we are in our houses, with new advances in audio systems this can easily be done just by buying the right set. Home audio systems encompass an array of products that produce or reproduce sounds of any medium in the home, these include, stereos, surround sound systems, iPod docks and speakers and high-end speakers to go along with your High Definition TV sets.
Audio Systems have different sound formats for different experiences, if you want the perfect home entertainment system to fit into your exact want, these are the things you need to know about sound audio formats;
- Monophonic Sound; With monophonic sound, all elements of sound are sent through a single channel, most often using one speaker and amplifier. AM radio is still produced with monophonic sound. This type of technology is outdated and largely off the market because of the availability and better quality offered by formats such as stereo and multichannel sound.
- Stereophonic Sound; This got popular in the 1950s, stereo sound production sends sound through two channels. This has the benefit of an improved listening experience because the sound is filtered through a left and right channel, which allows the listener to experience sound from speakers in a more natural manner.
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound; This is a six-channel audio system and is the most common in home theaters. Dolby Digital is the original mainstream surround sound format. The six channels include speakers in the front centre, front right, front left, left rear and right rear. The 0.1 represents the sixth component, a low-frequency subwoofer that provides powerful bass. Gamers or movie enthusiasts alike would want a minimum of a 5.1 surround sound system for an optimal experience.
- Digital Theater Systems; Digital Theater Systems (DTS) produces a system very similar to Dolby Digital 5.1. It is acclaimed that DTS has a lower compression rate hence giving DTS an improved audio quality.
- 7.1 Surround Sound/Dolby Digital Plus; known as AC-3, Dolby Digital Plus produces a better audio quality than standard Dolby Digital. DTS also has a 7.1 version that improves on the 5.1 format. The 7.1 adds two channels to the standard 5.1 sound system, which means eight channels requiring eight speakers. Blu-ray DVDs, HD DVDs and even game consoles now have the capabilities to output sound in 7.1.
Buy Home Sound systems at the best price
Look no further when you are looking to get the best home entertainment systems online, come to Jumia and get access to a wide range of high quality brands like Sony, Bose, Panasonic, LG, Beko and a lot more . Also included in this list are home theatre receivers, cd players, home speakers and so much more.